A daily newsletter summarizing recent activity & interesting start-ups globally
RECENT NOTABLE ACTIVITY – DOCKER ECOSYSTEM
- Docker, the provider of the open-source container platform – Docker, raises $61.8 M in Series E funding from an undisclosed investor. Link
- Aqua Security, a provider of container security platform, raises $25 M in Series B funding led by Lightspeed Venture Partners. Link
- Capsule8, which provides a container-aware, real-time threat protection platform, raises $6M in Series A funding led by Bessemer Venture Partners. Link
- Ghostcloud, which provides a container-based platform as a service for enterprises, raises $3.16M in Series A funding from undisclosed investors. Link
- Kubernetes, a provider of the container cloud orchestration platform, launches a new version – Kubernetes 1.8, with enhanced security features and role-based access control. Link
- Twistlock, the provider of container and cloud-native security solutions, announces the launch of a new version – Twistlock 2.2. Link
- Docker, the provider of open-source container platform – Docker, announces the appointment of Rob Enslin to its Board of Directors. Link
SOME INTERESTING STARTUPS FOUND
Capsule8 (2016, Brooklyn) -Software-defined threat detection & prevention for container & micro-services.
LEADER BOARD – DOCKER ECOSYSTEM
Docker (2008, SF, $243M) – It helps developers create, deploy and run applications using containers. Backed By Sequoia Capital, Benchmark, Greylock, Trinity Ventures, Insight Partners, GS, Coatue, Northerntrust, Amecloud Ventures, SVAngel.
BoCloud (2012, Suzhou, $16M) – It is an automated cloud based IT infrastructure provider includes a Docker based cloud management platform. Backed By HuaTai Securities, TalkingData, Hoperun, Oriza Holdings, Oriental Fortune Capital.
dotCloud (2008, SF, $11M, Acq.) – It is a developer cloud platform to build, deploy and scale apps. The platform features testing, staging and live environments out of the box to ensure users can deploy hundreds of times per day without breaking the app. Acquired by Cloudcontrol in August 2014.
Cypherpath (2013, Mountain View, $900K) – It provides On Demand IT Infrastructure with virtual container platform. Backed By Seabed VC.
CloudBees (2010, Woburn, $51M) – It allows developers to deploy applications into the cloud. Backed By ISVP, Verizon, Matrix Partners, Blurcloud ventures.
CoreOS (2013, SF, $48M) – It is a server operating system for running a cluster of servers. Backed By Google ventures, KPCB, Accel, Fuelcapital, Ycombinator, A16z.
CircleCI (2011, SF, $25.5M) – It provides Continuous Integration & Deployment, and Container enabled services. Backed By SV Angel, 500 Startups, DFJ, Data Collective, Harrison Metal, Scale Venture Partners, Baseline Ventures.
Codeship (2011, Vienna, $11.4M) – It offers continuous delivery services and Parallel CI. Backed By Sigma Prime, Boston Seed, Fprime Capital, TechStars, Rothenberg Ventures, Seedcamp.
Weave Works (2014, London, $20M) – It addresses Docker`s networking issue by providing Docker containers with a single virtual network even if they are on a different host.
Rancher Labs (2014, Cupertino, $30M) – It provides open source private container management and Infrastructure software. Backed By Nexus Venture Partners, Mayfield, NZVIF, GRC SinoGreen Fund.
Portworx (2014, California, $28.5M) – A software defined application providing scale-out storage for containerized applications. Backed by Sapphire Ventures, GE Ventures, Mayfield, MSD Capital, Stanford.
Sysdig (2013, Davis, $28M) – It provides software tools for managing micro services and containers. Backed By Accel Partners, Bain Capital Ventures, MTSfund.
ClusterHQ (2008, Bristol, $15M) – It provides Flocker, data volume manager and multi-host Docker cluster management tool for easy database portability. Backed By Accel Partners, Canaan Partners, DN Capital, Charlotte Street Capital, EC1 Capital, Episode 1 Ventures, Firestartr, Beacon Capital, OpenOcean.
Twistlock (2015, SF, $30M) – Security solution for Docker for visibility and control over container based applications and data. Backed By YL Ventures, Polaris Ventures, and Rally Ventures.
Aqua Security (2015, Tel Aviv, $38.5M) – Container security solutions for virtual containers with added visibility and control to large environments. Backed By TLV Partners.
Leader board includes all the top funded, IPO and successfully running bootstrapped companies along with their location, founding year and funding amount.
For latest updates visit Docker Ecosystem feed.