RECENT NOTABLE ACTIVITY – BLOCKCHAIN APPLICATIONS
- Filecoin, a blockchain data storage network, has raised an estimated $200M in an ICO, following a $52M private sale to investors like Sequoia Capital, Andreessen Horowitz and Union Square Ventures. Link
- Kik, a mobile messaging app, has raised $50M from the private sale of its ethereum token Kin to institutional investors, including Blockchain Capital, Pantera Capital and Polychain Capital. Link
- Decentraland, a VR project built on Blockchain, has raised $26M in an ICO. Link
- Eeverex, an Ethereum-based remittance platform, has raised $26M in an ICO. Link
- Blockstack, a Blockchain-based identity management platform, has raised $25M in an ICO. Link
- 0x, a protocol for decentralized exchanges, has raised $24M in an ICO. Link
- ShoCard, a Blockchain-based identity security solutions provider, has raised $4M in a funding round led by Morado and AME Cloud Ventures, with participation from Storm Ventures, Danhua Capital, Correlation Ventures, Recruit Strategic Partners and Robert Tinker, founder and former CEO of MobileIron. Link
- MyBit, a decentralized asset ownership management platform, has raised 2.8M funding through a 30-day crowdsale. Link
- Bluzelle, a Blockchain-based applications developer for Financial Institutions, has raised $1.5M funding in a Series A round from Global Brain, True Global Ventures, LUN Partners. Link
- Oraclize, an Oracle service provider enabling smart contracts to access the internet, has raised €500k ($589k) seed funding from Digital Identity. Link
- BitPesa, a Bitcoin-Blockchain based remittance service provider, has raised an undisclosed amount of funding an a follow-up Series A round from Greycroft Partners, Plug and Play Tech Center. Link
- China has outlawed ICOs. Link
LEADER BOARD – BLOCKCHAIN APPLICATIONS
Circle (2013, Boston, $136M) – Digital currency wallet and international money transfer service provider. Backed by Accel Partners, Goldman Sachs, Baidu, General Catalyst Partners, IDG Capital Partners, Oak Investment Partners, CICC, CreditEase, China Everbright, Fenway Summer, Breyer Capital, Pantera Capital, Wanxiang America, Digital Currency Group.
Ripple (2012, SF, $90.5M) – Open source payment protocol. Backed by Standard Chartered, AME Cloud Ventures, Seagate, CME Group, IDG Capital Partners, RRE Ventures, Venture 51, Core VC, ChinaRock Capital Management, SBI Holdings, Route 66 Ventures, Camp One Ventures,Blockchain Capital, Santander InnoVentures, Digital Currency Group, Tusk Ventures, CRCM Venture Capital, SCB Digital Ventures.
Digital Asset Holdings (2014, NYC, $67M) – Blockchain-based trade settlement solution provider. Backed Accenture, IBM, Goldman Sachs, Broadridge Financial Solutions, Citigroup, J.P. Morgan, CME Group, BNP Paribas, ABN AMRO Bank, Australian Securities Exchange, PNC Financial Services Group, Deutsche, DTCC, ICAP, FinTech Innovation Lab, Santander InnoVentures.
Filament Networks (2012, Reno, $36M) – A decentralized Internet of Things stack. Backed by Intel Capital, CME Group, Techstars, Crosslink Capital, Bullpen Capital, Resonant Venture Partners, Amherst Fund, Samsung Venture Investment, Pantera Capital, Detroit Innovate, Bullpen Capital, Verizon Ventures, Flex technology accelerator program Lab IX, Digital Currency Group, Working Lab Capital, Zenstone Venture Capital, VTF Capital, JetBlue Technology Ventures, Backstage Capital, Tappan Hill Ventures, Samsung NEXT.
Stem Disintermedia (2015, Los Angeles, $12.5M) – A digital media rights platform. Upfront Ventures, Ludlow Ventures, Three Six Zero Group, Red Light Management, ROAR, Third Wave Digital, Aspect Ventures, Evolution Media, Vayner RSE, Blockchain Capital, Third Wave Digital, WndrCo.
R3 (2013, New York, $107M) – Consortium of financial enterprises aiming to create digital ledger technology. HSBC Group, UBS, Wells Fargo, Intel Capital, Barclays, Itau BBA, Natixis, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, SBI Group, Banco Bradesco, Temasek Holdings.
Bitfury (2012, San Francisco, $95M) – Provider for Bitcoin mining hardware. Credit China Holdings, DRW Trading Group, Investment Fund, Crypto Currency Partners, Binary Financial, ZAD, Blockchain Capital, QueensBridge Venture Partners, iTech Capital.
Blockstream (2014, SF, $76M) – Provides sidechain solutions to improve blockchain. Backed by Khosla Ventures, AME Cloud Ventures, Innovation Endeavors, Data Collective, Horizons Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Real Ventures, Digital Garage, DG Incubation, SK Ventures, Future Perfect Ventures, Maiden Lane, Mosaic Ventures, Blockchain Capital, Digital Currency Group, AXA Strategic Ventures, Seven Seas Partners.
Leaderboard includes all the top funded, IPO and successfully running bootstrapped companies along with their location, founding year and funding amount.
For latest update, visit Blockchain Applications feed.