INTERESTING COMPANIES FOUND
Orchard Lending Club (2016, Luton) – First P2P lending platform which provides insurance premium, professional and school fee funding in the UK. Also offers working capital loans to schools and professional practices like insurance brokers and legal & accountancy firms. Minimum investment is £100 with term commitments of 1,2,3,4 or 5 years.
Skippr (2016, Sydney) – Invoice discounting services for small businesses combined with a cash flow management tool. SMEs upload their pending invoices, choose the invoices to be funded and sell the invoices to Skippr. Skippr charges an exchange fee, a discount fee and transaction fees.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE DAY
- NYC-based Trumid, a electronic trading and market intelligence platform for corporate bonds, announces the completion of its acquisition of fellow all-to-all trading platform, Electronifie. Read More
- Multinational insurance solutions provider Ageas ties up with London-based AI-enabled image recognition technology startup Tractable to use artificial intelligence technology across its motor claims management. Read More
- Indian mobile wallet giant Paytm to open its new payments bank on 23 May, All active wallet accounts will be transferred to the new entity. Read More
- Hong Kong online invoice discounting exchange Qupital secures $2M in seed funding led by MindWorks Ventures and Alibaba, with participation from DRL Capital and Aria Group. Read More
- San Mateo-based Coupa Software, a leader in cloud-based spend management, launches Coupa Open Buy with Amazon Business to enable quick search, and purchase of goods with organisation’s required spending and budget controls applied automatically. Read More