A daily newsletter summarizing recent activity & interesting startups in the energy storage sector globally
RECENT NOTABLE ACTIVITY – WASTE & WATER MANAGEMENT
- BP invests $30M in Fulcrum BioEnergy. Link
- Water monitoring startup ConnectedYard secures $7M in Series A funding. Link
- Waste sorting technology provider 3Wayste receives $6.38M in financing from Energipole. Link
- WaterSuite, a cloud-based water intelligence software provider, raises $3M from 32 Laight Street Partners. Link
- Forward Waste Management raises $2.53M in financing from Santander Corporate & Commercial. Link
- Green Box Recycling receives $2.28M in debt funding from HSBC. Link
- Waste Systems, a provider of waste separation and sorting machines, raises $1.28M from Kernel Capital. Link
- i3 Membrane raises 7-digit Euro funding to further develop and launch new filters and separation technologies. Link
- iXiandou, an online platform for collection of recyclable materials, raises an undisclosed amount in Series A funding led by Tendence Capital. Link
- Xylem acquires smart water analytics company Visenti. Link
- Hitachi acquires membrane-based desalination technology company Osmoflo. Link
- Smart watering company Blossom gets acquired by Scotts Miracle-Gro. Link
- U.S. Water Services, a subsidiary of ALLETE, acquires Water & Energy Systems Technology (WEST) Inc. Link
- Biwater wins $1.2B contract to deliver water and wastewater treatment solutions in the Kurdistan region of Iraq. Link
SOME INTERESTING STARTUPS FOUND
BioEnergySP (null, 2016, Albany) – Developer of patent-pending Electroactive Attached Growth modules for industrial wastewater treatment.
LEADER BOARD – WASTE & WATER MANAGEMENT
Waste Management – Integrated
Sepur (1965, Plaisir, $158M) – Offers integrated waste management services including collection, transportation and processing. Backed by Fondations Capital.
Waste Management – Collection – On-demand Collection
Rubicon Global (2008, Atlanta, $107M) – On-demand waste collection and management service. Backed by Goldman Sachs, Claritas Capital, Nima Capital, Tudor Funds, Wellington Management and others.
Waste Management – Treatment – Processing – Waste-to-energy
Stormfisher (2006, London, $350M) – Builds, owns and operates facilities which use food waste, industrial and agricultural waste and convert them into clean energy like Biogas. Backed by Denham Capital.
Waste Management – Treatment – Processing – Composting
Beijing Goldenway Bio-Tech (2001, Beijing, $12M) – Develops compost and organic fertilizers from solid waste. Backed by Tsing Capital.
Waste Management – Treatment – Recycling
HYLA Mobile (2009, Farmers, $140M) – Collects, processes, recycles and redistributes used mobile phones which are used to produce new devices. Backed by Silver Lake, SJF Ventures, KPCB, RRE Ventures and others.
Waste Management – Enablers – Software
AMCS (2003, Limerick, $103M) – Offers end-to-end ERP solution for recycling and waste management industry. Backed by Insight Venture Partners, Ireland Strategic Investment Fund, Highland Capital Partners Europe, Investec and others.
Waste Management – Enablers – Hardware
Enevo (2010, Espoo, $27M) – Smart sensor network and devices for waste container monitoring. Backed by Finnish Industry Investment, Draper Associates, Lifeline Ventures, Foxconn and others.
Water & Wastewater Management – Treatment – Municipal Wastewater
Darco Water (1999, Singapore, IPO) – Develops wastewater treatment systems for municipal applications. Went Public in 2002.
Water & Wastewater Management – Treatment – Industrial Wastewater
H2O Midstream (2015, Houston, $100M) – Offers solutions for wastewater treatment in the Oil & Gas industry. Backed by EIV Capital.
Water & Wastewater Management – Drinking Water
Waterhealth (1995, Irvine, $93M) – Installs and operate drinking water treatment facilities and supplies drinking water. Backed by IFC, Tata Capital, Acumen, Coca-Cola, Vital Capital Fund and others.
Water & Wastewater Management – Testing & Measurement
RedZone (1987, Pittsburgh, $52M) – Develops inspection technology and systems for municipal and industrial wastewater treatment plants. Backed by Innovation Works, ABS Capital Partners, Four Winds Capital and others.
Water & Wastewater Management – Smart Water Management
HydroPoint (2002, Petaluma, $68M) – Develops smart water management solutions for landscape irrigation applications for residential and large-scale applications. Backed by Monitor Ventures, RockPort Capital, Firelake Capital and others.
Leaderboard includes all the top funded, IPO and successfully running bootstrapped companies along with their location, founding year and funding amount.
For latest updates visit Waste & Water Management feed.